When parents come to West Didsbury CE Primary for the first time, we often hear them marvelling at the caring, nurturing, family atmosphere of a school which also offers outstanding education. This is very much our vision for West Didsbury CE Primary as well:
To grow a diverse and creative educational community where we encourage belonging and nurture believing: together becoming fulfilled and responsible members of God’s world.
This vision is rooted in Mark 4: 30-32... Jesus once told a story about a tree that grew from the smallest of seeds. As it grew larger and larger, the birds of the air were attracted from the shade and made nests in its many branches.
These ideas of Belonging, Believing and Becoming are more than just buzz words - they’re the guiding principles behind everything we do at West Didsbury CE Primary.
- to each other in mutual support, respect and trust
- to the community of Didsbury and providing it with outstanding local primary schooling
- to the Diocese of Manchester, as part of a family of 191 Church of England schools
- to the world in which we live, caring for the whole of creation regardless of race, religion or background
- in our gifts and abilities, as each child is unique and valuable
- in our potential, as each child will be challenged and nurtured
- in our Christian faith, as each child will be guided by our church ethos and values
- responsible and productive - a force for good in society
- engaged and pro-active - ready to change and challenge the world around us
- aware of our vocation, with a growing sense of purpose and preference
- well-rounded and self-aware, through a holistic and broad-based education
West Didsbury CE Primary will work tirelessly to ensure that each child not only becomes a force for good in society, but develops into a well-rounded young person in mind, body and spirit.
If you’d like to see our mission in action, please feel free to make an appointment to visit the school.