PE and Sport - including Sport Premium information
The government is continuing to provide additional funding for the academic year 2016/2017 to improve the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding is direct to schools to be spent with the following aims:
• Increasing participation rates in such activities as games, dance, gymnastics, swimming and athletics.
• Increasing participation and success in competitive school sports.
• Making the physical education curriculum more inclusive.
• Expanding the growth in the range of traditional and alternative sporting activities.
• Improving partnership work on physical education with other schools and other local partners.
• Finding links with other subjects that contribute to pupils’ overall achievement and their greater social, spiritual, moral and cultural skills.
• Making pupils more aware of the dangers of obesity, smoking and other such activities that undermine pupils’ health.
Please click on the link below to find out how we will be spending the money as future plans include:
Targeting pupil premium children who are shown to be under represented.
Develop training for staff to increase their capacity in th teaching and learning of PE.
Expanding the range of clubs.
Termly intra-sport opportunities.
Develop links with cluster schools to pool funding.
At West Didsbury CE we use the PE grant to buy in expert PE support and advice from a specialist teacher and to purchase more equipment as we grow each year as a school. We have just bought into a service level agreement with Manchester City Football Club which will provide high level PE coaching, extra PE clubs during and after school and a lot of work on promoting and understanding healthy lifestyles.
We are in the process of establishing strong links with local sports clubs to give our children the opportunity to play competitive sports outside of school more easily. These include The Albert Tennis Club, School of Sport, Didsbury Netball Club, Didsbury Sports Ground - Toc H Rugby and Didsbury Football Club and Wildcats Girls' Football Centre.
We received £8575 for the academic year 2016-17 to specifically support our PE provision. This year we are expecting to receive £17,170. The link below to the PE Premium Plan 2017-18 gives far more detail on how we will use this money.
Click the link below for more information about Pupil Sports Premium and how we use it at West Didsbury CE.